TYPES OF PAYMENT AND HOW THE SERVICES WILL BE PAID
- Payment can be made by self-payment, using health insurance or through a government/embassy sponsorship. More details about each type of payment can be found below.
- When you schedule your appointment, we will help you to determine which type of payment you are qualified for.
If you are a self-pay patient, we will give you an estimate of your medical treatment cost when you first contact to to make an appointment with Vejthani Hospital.
- The estimate will include all of the procedures and services of your treatment.
- If you need additional treatment that is not included in the estimate, you may need to arrange for additional payment prior to receiving those services.
- Full payment, based on the estimate, is required before any medical services can be rendered.
- Payment must be made in THAI BAHT. You may pay by cash, a credit card, debit card or wire transfer.
- In case of using cash of any other currency, please check whether it is on our list and use our announced exchange rate.
- A declaration with our Customs Department is needed when you arrive at an airport in Thailand with cash or cash equivalent in any currency more than USD 15,000 (no limit for Thai Baht).
- The deposit will be refunded when the procedure is done and there is excess amount.
- In case of full refund of deposit for cancellation of a procedure in advance, no setting-up cost will be incurred.
- If the payment is made by cash, a debit card, money transfer or wire transfer, the refund will be in cash, money transfer or wire transfer in Thai Baht. There is no cost for the refund of cash, a debit card or money transfer. The wire transfer option, however, is subject to bank fees and bank exchange rates.
- If the payment is made by a credit card, the refund will be made through the credit line and shown in your statement.
FOR PAYMENTS, VEJTHANI HOSPITAL ACCEPTS:
- Cash: The payment method must be made in Thai baht. In case of using any other currency, please check whether it is on our list and refer to our announced exchange rate.
- Wire Transfer: Must be done 5 business days in advance to verify receipt. Please contact your local referral office or the hospital for essential details of wire transfers application.
- Credit Card / Debit Card: You can pay at the hospital with credit cards/debit cards using any of the following international payment networks: VISA, MasterCard, American Express, JCB and China UnionPay (CUP).
Note: If you are receiving an in-patient medical service, a full payment based on the estimate is required prior to having your medical treatment.
Vejthani Hospital does not accept:
- Personal check / entity check / traveler’s check.
- Non-Thai debit cards, except for the case that the debit card is used for any of the abovementioned systems. Please contact your local referral office, coordinator or the hospital for more information.
If you are paying through health insurance, please check the coverage with your insurance company to understand your benefits and make sure that Vejthani Hospital is included as their contracted provider. Before you call to schedule your appointment, please prepare your insurance card, insurance company name and policy number, while being aware of the follows;
- If Vejthani Hospital has an established agreement with your insurer, then payment conditions will be determined by that agreement. If not, you will be asked to pay for treatment first and then submit a claim to your insurer for reimbursement.
- Packages and Promotions: These are not available for patients who are using insurance to pay for their procedures. Packages and promotional pricing are available only to patients who self-pay for their procedures.
If you would like to see what insurance we accept, please see our “Insurance Company Partners” page.
If you are sponsored by your government, you do not need to pay in advance, but you will need a letter of guarantee or a letter of authorization from your embassy before you receive treatment.
Fore more information on Exchange Control Regulations in Thailand, please go this website: