Misshaped and abnormalities of tooth are not only affected the personality but also the overall oral health. They can cause tooth decayed and associated with deterioration of self-rated chewing ability and more. So, restorative dentistry plays an important role of fixing the damaged tooth in improving both dental health and appearance.
Most Common Dental Health Problems
- Misshaped and abnormalities of tooth: a tooth with an abnormality on its size, it’s more difficult to clean, making tooth decay and periodontal disease almost inevitable.
- Tooth discoloration and staining: white spots on teeth caused by excessive exposure to fluoride and the effect of tetracycline antibiotics which turn teeth dark.
Different Dental Restoration Methods Solve Different Dental Problems
- Tooth Filling: used to fill cavities caused by tooth decay.
- Veneers: are restorations added to the front surface in order to correct discolouration or crack, and can also correct size discrepancy between disproportionately large or small teeth. This technique can be used on a single tooth or a larger number of decayed teeth.
- Dental Crowns: are used to restore teeth to a certain shape and size. They provide strength and improves the appearance of the tooth.
In some cases, dental braces need to be done first to straightening teeth to allow the dentist have a full range of restorative dental work.
The key to keep a bright and healthy smile is to practice proper oral hygiene. Brush twice a day and floss daily to remove plaque before it can harden into tartar. Visit your dentist every 6 months for professional cleanings and checkups.