During the COVID-19 outbreak, many people had a sedentary lifestyle, not getting enough exercise and consuming insufficient protein. These can lead to loss of muscle mass or sarcopenia. Generally, the disease often occurs in people aged over 60 years, but now it has also become more prevalent in those over 40 years.
Symptoms of Sarcopenia include:
- Able to walk or run for short distance
- Difficulty using the stairs
- Poor balance, prone to slip
- Unexplained weight loss, muscle fatigue
- Difficultly lifting objects,
- Frequent fatigue that affects everyday life
- Decreased quality of life and may develop depression
- Leads to osteoporosis or becoming bedridden patients when reached an older age
If you have suspected symptoms of sarcopenia, it is recommended to immediately see physical medicine and rehabilitation doctor. The doctor will diagnose the disease by assessing your muscle mass with Bioelectrical Impedance Analysis (BIA).
If low muscle mass is detected, the doctor will recommend a personalized physiotherapy program to regain muscle mass and increase the strength of the body to be able to carry out normal activities as before or almost like before.
For inquiries, or to make an appointment, inbox us or call our English hotline at +66 (0) 85-223-8888 or email [email protected]
- Readers Rating
- Rated 5 stars
5 / 5 (Reviewers)
- Your Rating