Nowadays, the treatment guidelines for HIV’s patients have developed a lot. With the effective of anti-HIV’s virus medicine, the HIV’s patients could live longer and healthy as well as others so that HIV’s patients can have children as they wanted to.
Here are the ways of how to safely have children;
Who are suitable to have children?
- HIV’s patients who are able to have children have to have good health, no complication diseases, regular receive the anti-HIV’s virus medicine, and must have Viral load less than 50 copies/mL and CD4 more than 350 cells/mm3
In case the man is infected, while the woman isn’t.
- The IVF/ICSI might be the best solution because the HIV virus could be eliminated in this procedure so that it will reduce the chance of infection in the baby.
In case the woman is infected, while the man isn’t.
- It should be done by using the method of semen injection into the female uterus instead of the natural method to prevent the infection.
In case both are infected.
- It should be done with the IVF/ICSI because the HIV virus could be eliminated in this procedure so that it will reduce the chance of infection in the baby.
Will the infection get worse during the pregnant?
- If the patients regular take the medicine and take good care of themselves, it won’t get worse.
Will the unborn-baby has a chance to receive the HIV’s virus infection?
- During the pregnant, the patients need to take the anti-HIV’s virus medicine continuously and receive the antenatal care in order to reduce the chance of infection in the baby. Basically, the rate of infection from mother to baby is less than 2% which is quite low so that it’s safe to have a baby.
- Readers Rating
- Rated 4.8 stars
4.8 / 5 (Reviewers)
- Your Rating