29 Apr Implantable Contact Lenses : Innovation for Your Clearer Vision(Last Updated On: April 29, 2018)
Recently, many different options exist to help people who wear glasses or contact lenses eliminate their dependence on their corrective lenses. The most popular options for vision correction include: PRK, LASIK and Femto-LASIK
Today, ICL: Implantable Contact Lens provides the better choice of brighter vision compared to other.
What is ICL
ICL or Implantable Contact Lens is an extra lens, similar to a contact lens. The difference is that the ICL is placed inside the eye. It is specially shaped to correct vision problem which was granted approval by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration since 2005.
The ICL is made of a unique bio-material, Collagen and Co-polymer called Collarmer. It is accepted by the eyes as not being a ‘foreign tissue, the body does not reject the ICL so this material is able to remain inside patient’s eye permanently
Advantages of ICL
- Correcting vision with extreme precision
- Completely unaffected to your cornea
- Removable and Replaceable in case your vision changes
- Option for those who have limitation on proceeding LASIK
- UVA and UVB protection
Who is suitable for ICL?
- Suffering eyesight problem which currently stable
- Are between ages of 21-45 years old
- Never had any ophthalmic surgery
- Not have a history of eye diseases such as iritis, glaucoma, or diabetic retinopathy
The ICL is intended to stay in the eye permanently with no special care needed. However, you should follow post-operative instructions and frequently visit your optical doctor to check-up.