Vejthani Hospital is well known as the “King of Bones “due to its top-tier services for Orthopedic Department. But that’s not the only key feature of Vejthani Hospital, it’s only one part amongst many others, and as we all know that the disease “Diabetes “is on the rise globally and it’s still increasing; an alarming call for medical community to provide a solution and the best possible healthcare to those suffering and in need of medical assistance. Hence, the creation of Vejthani’s “Diabetic Foot and Wound Center”.
What’s inside Vejthani Diabetic Foot and Wound Center?
Let’s take a closer look. In this center, you’ll find the most up-to-date state-of-the-art medical equipment and scientifically proven technique and procedures in treating the patient holistically; then, combine all of that with a dedicated team of Doctors from all focus of discipline and specialties. This approach is known as a Multidisciplinary; a team of Doctors sharing their knowledge and expertise to arrive at a best possible treatment.
Here are a few examples of Technology, Technique and Services of Vejthani Diabetic Foot and Wound Center.
- Infected wound treatment
- Pressure ulcer treatment
- Gangrene Treatment
- Skin Ulcer Treatment
- Infectious Wound Disease treatment
- Venous Stasis Ulcer treatment
- Peripheral Artery Disease treatment
- Accident wound treatment
- Burns and Scalds
- Chronic wound
- Diabetic wound treatment, especially for diabetic foot wound
Special Equipment and Techniques for Wound Treatment
- Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy (HBOT) This therapy stimulates the growth factors and helps fight the wound from infection more effectively. It’s a type of treatment where a high-tech machine is use to increase the pressure and oxygen to the wound which helps improve blood flow, repair tissues, and restore normal body function.
- Negative Pressure Wound Therapy (NPWT) or Vacuum-Assisted Closure (VAC system) is a wound dressing system that applies sub atmospheric pressure to the surface of an open wound, and also speeds up the healing process. We currently have both the non-portable and portable type of equipment.
- Wound Debridement is a new treatment method that removes all the dead tissue with hydro surgery from the wound area to promote wound healing in order to reduce the loss of the tissues.
- Endovascular Therapy is a type of treatment method that improves blood flow to heal the diabetic wound with minimally invasive surgery technique.
- Specialty Shoes for Diabetics are made for diabetic patients who have received the treatment in order to reduce the risk of re-occurrence of diabetic wounds.
With all these long list of services, technology and special equipment; one could easily think that that’s all there is to it, but there are small subtle things in human life that we cannot quantify that could complete the whole picture.
According to Dr. Chukij Sritongsathian, a vascular surgeon at Vejthani Diabetic Foot and Wound Center “One of the key to a successful treatment is not only the best high technology available but also the commitment and dedication of all passionate Doctors working behind the technology“. Knowing all these will give you a glimpse of how committed Vejthani Hospital is in providing the best healthcare from the best technology to a specific technique and treatment. Plus, a shared knowledge from a team of Doctors such as Vascular Surgeon, Endocrinologist, Orthopedic Specialist, Infectious Specialist, Physical Therapist, General Surgery, Cardiologist, Nephrologist, and many more as needed; Vejthani Diabetic Foot and Wound Center got it all.
- Readers Rating
- Rated 4.9 stars
4.9 / 5 (Reviewers)
- Your Rating