Having a full functional-movement of your body is the key to living a healthy life. It facilitates us to accomplish things we intend to and allows us to take care of our family and loved ones. Body movement disorders, for instance, muscle weakness or gait instability could affect our daily lives and mental health.
The primary causes of body movement disorders can be divided into 2 groups:
- Aging: Degenerative diseases could cause body movement or balance disorders. For instance, difficulty in walking is often overlooked because many people seem to have accepted it as a natural aging process without knowing that it is a warning sign of critical health issues such as falls in the elderly which can subsequently lead to bedridden status.
- Disease: The common diseases that lead to body movement disorders are Hemiparesis which is caused by stroke or brain injury, Paraplegia that is caused by spinal cord injury or herniated nucleus pulposus, Parkinson’s disease, and Multiple sclerosis.
Rehabilitation and Physical Therapy are essential methods of body movement disorders restoration that can be employed to achieve the maximum function of hands, arms, and legs. Rehabilitation and Physical Therapy ultimately help the patient return to their normal state with a better quality of life.
However, traditional rehabilitation has several limitations that could hinder the restoration of nervous system and muscles. This means that for patients who have severe muscle weakness, the physiotherapist has to physically support them during movements and bear their body weight throughout the complete program. The patient’s muscle weakness along with their tiredness during the session which make it impossible for them to train continuously for a long time, resulting to insufficient number of steps that affects the rhythm and posture which prevents restoration of nerves or neuroplasticity. These limitations lead to the ineffective result of the program.
Exceed the limitations with the “Robot-Assisted Gait and Balance Training”
With the state-of-the-art technologies on robotic-assisted rehabilitation, the result of restorations is now relatively advanced compared to the traditional ways of physiotherapies.
The advantages of robotic-assisted rehabilitation are:
- Better posture-gait control: Provides a task-specific and highly repetitive training that can help stimulate the nervous system for better posture-gait control.
- Better body balance: Enhances the movements of the joints which allows patients to achieve better gait and body balance.
- Better muscle recovery: Strengthens the leg’s muscles that results in faster and better walking ability.
- Better restoration: Training with game or virtual reality exercises could stimulate multisensory feedback to enhance the restoration of the nervous system.
- Better outcome: Allows patients to feel their maximum physical ability which provides motivation to undergo the program continuously and achieve a better outcome.
Vejthani Hospital’s Advanced Rehabilitation Center aims to provide a full range of rehabilitation with advanced robotic-assisted rehabilitation programs under the care of the highly skilled and experienced team, including physical medicine & rehabilitation doctors, physiotherapists, and occupational therapists who are experts in ‘Human Movement Rehabilitation’ for patient’s individual goals and needs with the ultimate aim to treat your illness.
‘Maximize Your Quality of Life with the Advanced Human Movement Rehabilitation, because Life is Movement’
Vejthani, Victory for Life.
- Readers Rating
- Rated 5 stars
5 / 5 (Reviewers)
- Your Rating