Having a fully-functional body is one of the keys to living a happy and healthy life. If you’re having problems with your mobility that require extra intensive treatment, visit the Advanced Rehabilitation Center at Vejthani Hospital. Our experienced staff members can start you on a rehabilitation program that will get you back to full health in no time.
The primary causes of body movement disorders can be divided into 2 groups:
- Aging: Degenerative diseases can cause body movement or balance disorders. For instance, difficulty in walking is often overlooked because many people seem to have accepted it as a natural aging process without realizing that it also can be a warning sign of critical health issues in the elderly. These issues, if left untreated, can lead to the elderly patient becoming bedridden.
- Disease: The common diseases that lead to body movement disorders are Hemiparesis, which is caused by a stroke or brain injury, and Paraplegia, which is caused by a spinal cord injury. Diseases such as herniated nucleus pulposus, Parkinson’s disease, and Multiple sclerosis can also cause mobility problems.
Rehabilitation and physical therapy are essential tools that can be employed to restore the function of hands, arms, and legs. Visiting a rehabilitation center and starting a program of physical therapy can ultimately help the patient regain their quality of life.
However, traditional rehabilitation centers have several limitations that could hinder the restoration of the nervous system and muscles. This means that for patients who have severe muscle weakness, the physiotherapist has to physically support them during movements and bear their body weight at times. The patient’s muscle weakness along with their tiredness during the session may make it difficult for them to train continuously for a long time. They may have difficulty completing exercises that will facilitate a restoration of the nerves or neuroplasticity. These limitations could result in the program not being effective.
Overcome Limitations with Robot-Assisted Gait and Balance Training
With state-of-the-art robotic-assisted rehabilitation technology, the programs available at our Advanced Rehabilitation Center are superior to the traditional methods of physiotherapy.
The advantages of robotic-assisted rehabilitation are:
- Posture-gait control: Task-specific and highly repetitive training can help stimulate the nervous system for better posture-gait control.
- Body balance: Enhancing the movements of the joints allows patients to achieve better gait and body balance.
- Muscle recovery: Strengthening the leg muscles provides better walking ability.
- Restoration: Training with games or virtual reality exercises can stimulate multisensory feedback to enhance the restoration of the nervous system.
- Better outcome: Allows patients to feel their maximum physical ability which provides motivation to undergo the program continuously and achieve a better outcome.
Vejthani Hospital’s Advanced Rehabilitation Center aims to provide advanced robotic-assisted rehabilitation programs under the care of our highly skilled and experienced team. The team includes physical medicine & rehabilitation doctors, physiotherapists, and occupational therapists who are experts in ‘Human Movement Rehabilitation’ to provide support to each patient’s goals and needs with the ultimate aim to treat their illness.
‘Maximize Your Quality of Life with Advanced Human Movement Rehabilitation, because Life is Movement.’
Vejthani, Victory for Life.
- Readers Rating
- Rated 5 stars
5 / 5 (Reviewers)
- Your Rating