‘Hair loss’; one of the daily annoying problems that don’t affect your health but capable of lowering your self-confidence and degrading your personality. There are various causes of hair loss so, it is important to consult your doctor to find the specific treatment based on the causes.
Understand Hair Loss
- Scarring Alopecia is when the hair root is damaged permanently as a result of infection or inflammation on the skin such as burning, fungus, bacterial infection, chronic inflammation on the skin, and included some skin disease such as DLE (Discoid Lupus Erythematosus), Lichen planus, Scleroderma.
- Non-Scarring Alopecia is a more common type of hair loss caused by temporary damage on the skin. The condition will gradually improve after receiving proper treatment.
Causes of Hair loss
- Alopecia areata is a common autoimmune skin disease, causing hair loss on the scalp, face and other areas of the body. When alopecia areata develops, the body attacks its own hair follicles. People with alopecia areata may have a higher risk for autoimmune diseases such as thyroid disease, vitiligo diabetes, asthma, anemia and allergies.
- Infection from fungus, bacteria and virus on scalp
- Androgenetic Alopecia is a common type of hair loss, typically found in men more than women. The causes of Androgenetic Alopecia was found associated with many factors such as gender, age, gene, hormone, and environment.
- Telogen effluvium is a form of non permanent hair loss characterized by hair thinning or an increase in hair shedding. It is usually triggered by a disturbance to the hair cycle such as chronic diseases, severe stress, poor diet, sudden weight loss, pregnancy and childbirth, menopause, postsurgery and side effects from some medications
- Anagen effluvium is a condition in which people have their hair falling out during the anagen or growing phase of the hair growth cycle. It is usually caused by chemotherapy or radiation therapy.
- Nutrition and vitamin deficiency such protein, biotin, iron, zinc, folic acid, vitamin B, vitamin C and vitamin E
Hair Loss Treatment
There are many factors causing hair loss. We have to identify the causes of hair loss and the treatments depend on the type and causes of hair loss.
- Readers Rating
- Rated 3 stars
3 / 5 (Reviewers)
- Your Rating