Most of the people usually think that osteoporosis is the elderly diseases, but in fact, bone mass will be slowly decreased since 30 – 40 years old and decrease accordingly to age increase.
The factors that can contribute to bone mass reduction;
- Gender: Basically, osteoporosis will occur in female more than male, especially in women who do not have a period because they do not have a hormone that can motivate the bone procreation so that effect to bone loss.
- Calcium: Consuming low calcium food or consuming food or drug that obstruct calcium absorption process in the colon.
- Vitamin D: Lacking vitamin D or rarely touch the sunlight that can stimulate the body’s vitamin D synthesis, which is the cause of bone mass reduction because vitamin D is a calcium absorption helper.
- Caffeine and Alcohol: Over smoking Cigarette and consuming Tea, Coffee, and Alcohol drinks will decrease calcium absorption.
- Abnormal hormone: Having imbalance sex hormone and parathyroid hormone.
- Steroids: Consuming drugs that contain a lot of steroids for a long time affect bone mass reduction.
- Skinny: Having a too lightweight or too skinny body.
- Lack of exercise.
You can see that both avoided factors and un-avoided factors affect bone mass. Thus, which factors that you can avoid, just avoid it since you are not in the risk period and for un-avoided factors, we should prepare ourselves in the early stages as well.
- Readers Rating
- Rated 5 stars
5 / 5 (Reviewers)
- Your Rating